We all love the sun. Summer and the sun go hand in hand!
Spending all day outside feels glorious and often leads to fantastic memories, but we all know the consequences of staying out in the sun unprotected... an uncomfortable sunburn, premature skin aging, skin damage and skin cancer.
Sunscreen is mandatory… yet there are SO many chemicals in store bought products!
Did you know there are natural oils which contain SPF?!
A Simple Recipe for SPF 40 DIY Sunscreen
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 40 drops carrot seed oil
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp aloe
- 2 Tbsp almond oil
- Vitamin E (optional)
- Heat pot on low (be carful to not heat quickly, as this will lead to burning the mixture) Tip: use a double boiler, heat water in a pot and then place a bowl in the water.
- Add the coconut oil to melt
- Stir in avocado, aloe almond oil and vitamin E (if using)
- Allow to cool slightly
- Add the carrot seed oil and stir to combine
- Store in a jar or spray bottle (the product will not solidify)
It’s important to note, that natural oil which contains SPF or even sunscreen do not completely protect you from the sun!
Always keep in mind that you can enjoy the day at the beach under an umbrella.
Stay safe and have fun this summer!
Thank you Brea Getting Fit for this amazing recipe.